Saturday, April 7, 2012

Friday night at 8pm

With the light draining slowly to the east, I went out for my shamefully short twenty minute (if that) jog. The 7-8pm range on Friday can be strangely quiet, it's that no-man's-land between aggressive bursts of newly released office workers and the late night, in it to win it TGIFers. So...it was kind of quiet as I trekked down the last stretch of my just enough to get the heart rate up constitutional. A trickle of music and a voice trailed out of a local bar, the voice was decidedly untrained (karaoke). A few bars and a warble and there you are, Stairway to Heaven. I could not help but feel sad and heartened by this meandering karaoke rendition. With a very weak voice, he got the led out all the same. I'm sure there were cheers, when that inevitably endless performace concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment